The Apollo Victoria Theatre is a popular and historic venue that hosts a wide range of live performances, from musicals to concerts. To ensure the safety and convenience of all patrons, it’s important to familiarize yourself with the venue’s bag policy, transportation options, and nearby accommodations. This guide will provide you with all the necessary information to make your visit to the Apollo Victoria Theatre a seamless and enjoyable experience.
About Apollo Victoria Theatre
Located in the heart of London, the Apollo Victoria Theatre has been a staple of the city’s West End since it opened in 1930. Boasting a stunning Art Deco interior and exterior, the theatre has a seating capacity of approximately 2,300. Over the years, it has hosted numerous iconic productions, including “The Sound of Music,” “Starlight Express,” and the long-running “Wicked.”
Apollo Victoria Theatre Bag Policy
To ensure the safety and security of all guests, the Apollo Victoria Theatre has implemented a clear bag policy. Visitors are permitted to bring one small clear plastic or vinyl bag that does not exceed 12″ x 6″ x 12″ in size. Small clutch bags, approximately the size of a hand (4.5″ x 6.5″), are also allowed. Please note that larger bags, backpacks, and suitcases are not permitted inside the theatre.
Bag storage facilities are not available on site, so it’s recommended that you leave larger items at your hotel or use one of the nearby luggage storage services. The theatre reserves the right to inspect all bags upon entry, and any prohibited items will be confiscated. Prohibited items include but are not limited to weapons, outside food and beverages, and professional cameras or recording devices.
Apollo Victoria Theatre Transportation
The Apollo Victoria Theatre is easily accessible by public transportation, making it convenient for guests to travel to and from the venue. The nearest tube station is Victoria Station, which is serviced by the Victoria, District, and Circle lines. Victoria Station also serves as a hub for national rail services and coach buses.
How to Get to Apollo Victoria Theatre
Getting to the Apollo Victoria Theatre is easy thanks to its central location and excellent transport links. Here are the main ways to reach the venue:
- By Tube: The nearest tube station to the Apollo Victoria Theatre is Victoria Station, which is serviced by the Victoria, District, and Circle lines. The theatre is just a short walk from the station, making it a convenient option for most visitors.
- By Train: Victoria Station also serves as a hub for national rail services. If you’re arriving from other parts of the UK, you can easily reach the theatre by catching a train to Victoria Station and walking from there.
- By Bus: Several bus routes pass near the Apollo Victoria Theatre, including routes 38, 73, 8, 24, and 211. You can use Transport for London’s journey planner to find the most convenient bus route for your trip.
- By Car: If you prefer to drive, there are several car parks located near the theatre, such as the NCP London Victoria or Q-Park Westminster. Keep in mind that the area surrounding the Apollo Victoria Theatre is within the London Congestion Charging Zone, which incurs charges from Monday through Friday, 7:00 AM to 10:00 PM.
Hotels Near Apollo Victoria Theatre
There is a wide variety of hotels within walking distance of the Apollo Victoria Theatre, ranging from budget-friendly options to luxury accommodations. Some popular choices include:
- The Grosvenor Hotel – A grand 4-star hotel with elegant rooms, fine dining options, and a convenient location adjacent to Victoria Station.
- Park Plaza Victoria London – This stylish 4-star hotel offers spacious rooms, a fitness center, and an on-site restaurant and bar.
- Premier Inn London Victoria – A comfortable and affordable option, with basic rooms and a convenient location near Victoria Station.
- The Nadler Victoria – A boutique hotel with modern rooms, offering a balance of luxury and affordability.
Whether you’re in town for a show or just exploring London, the Apollo Victoria Theatre is a must-see destination. Remember to follow the bag policy, plan your transportation, and book accommodations in advance to ensure a memorable and hassle-free experience.
Hi! I am George and I am the Content Lead for Stasher.com. I love travel, writing, making music and meeting new and interesting people.