Welcome to the comprehensive guide to Piccadilly Theatre’s bag policy. This guide will provide you with essential information about the venue, its bag policy, transportation options, directions to the theatre, and nearby hotels. By being prepared, you can ensure a smooth and enjoyable experience at the Piccadilly Theatre.
About Piccadilly Theatre
The Piccadilly Theatre is a historic West End theatre located in the heart of London. Since opening its doors in 1928, it has been home to a diverse range of productions, including plays, musicals, and live performances. With a seating capacity of over 1,200, the theatre offers a spacious and comfortable environment for patrons to enjoy world-class entertainment.
Piccadilly Theatre Bag Policy
To ensure the safety and comfort of all visitors, Piccadilly Theatre has implemented a bag policy. Please adhere to the following guidelines when attending a performance:
- Bags larger than A4 size (approximately 8.27 × 11.69 inches or 21 × 29.7 cm) are not permitted inside the theatre. This includes backpacks, large handbags, and suitcases.
- All bags, regardless of size, are subject to a security search upon entry. Please cooperate with the theatre staff and be prepared to open your bag for inspection.
- Prohibited items include weapons, alcohol, glass containers, and any items deemed dangerous or inappropriate by the theatre staff. Such items will be confiscated or may result in refusal of entry.
- If you require storage for items that do not meet the bag policy, a cloakroom service is available for a small fee. Please note that space is limited and available on a first-come, first-served basis.
Piccadilly Theatre Transportation
There are various transportation options to reach the Piccadilly Theatre. Depending on your preferences, you can choose from the following methods:
The theatre is well-connected to public transportation, with several nearby Underground stations:
- Piccadilly Circus (Bakerloo and Piccadilly lines) – approximately a 5-minute walk
- Leicester Square (Northern and Piccadilly lines) – approximately a 7-minute walk
- Charing Cross (Bakerloo and Northern lines) – approximately a 10-minute walk
Buses also frequently run along Shaftesbury Avenue and Regent Street, both of which are within walking distance of the theatre.
Driving and Parking
If you prefer to drive, there are several car parks located within a 10-minute walk of the theatre. Be aware that parking in central London can be expensive, and traffic may be heavy, especially during peak hours. It is recommended to pre-book your parking space to secure a spot and potentially save on fees.
How To Get To Piccadilly Theatre
The Piccadilly Theatre is located at 16 Denman Street, London, W1D 7DY. Use the following directions to reach the theatre:
- From Piccadilly Circus Underground Station: Exit the station onto Shaftesbury Avenue, and head east towards Denman Street. Turn left onto Denman Street, and the theatre will be on your right.
- From Leicester Square Underground Station: Exit the station onto Cranbourn Street, then turn right onto Charing Cross Road. Turn left onto Shaftesbury Avenue and continue until you reach Denman Street. Turn right onto Denman Street, and the theatre will be on your right.
Hotels Near Piccadilly Theatre
If you’re looking for accommodation near the Piccadilly Theatre, there are several hotels to choose from, catering to various budgets and preferences. Here are a few recommendations within walking distance of the theatre:
- The Z Hotel Soho: A stylish, budget-friendly hotel located just a 5-minute walk from the theatre. With compact yet well-designed rooms, it’s an excellent choice for those looking to stay close to the action without breaking the bank.
- Ham Yard Hotel: A luxury boutique hotel situated about a 7-minute walk from the Piccadilly Theatre. With a contemporary design, rooftop garden, and on-site restaurant, this hotel offers a unique and upscale experience.
- Thistle Piccadilly Hotel: A comfortable mid-range hotel located only a 3-minute walk from the theatre. With spacious rooms and an on-site restaurant, this hotel provides a convenient and pleasant stay for theatre-goers.
- W London – Leicester Square: A modern, luxury hotel just a 5-minute walk from the Piccadilly Theatre. With a chic design, on-site spa, and multiple dining options, this hotel caters to those seeking an indulgent experience in the heart of the West End.
Remember to book your accommodation well in advance, as hotels in this area can fill up quickly, especially during peak seasons and popular performance runs.
Now that you’re equipped with all the necessary information about the Piccadilly Theatre’s bag policy, transportation options, and nearby hotels, you can focus on enjoying your visit and the world-class entertainment that awaits.
Hi! I am George and I am the Content Lead for Stasher.com. I love travel, writing, making music and meeting new and interesting people.